Parents all indications is that Youth Non Contact Football will proceed in Sept/Oct because of our ability to practice with low numbers, play games either 5v5 or 7v7 and that Youth Players for the most part are not clustered as its either pulling a flag or a one hand touch with a glove on. Your registration will also include a lightweight breathable facemask if we are required to wear by the State of Texas. The Season is 2 months away but its better to be prepared just in case. The above information is pre registration and there is no cost. You do not have to pay until Aug 15th!
1. What are your dates for 7v7?
Sept / Oct 2020
2. What are your age or grade divisions?
NFL Flag 5v5 is age 5 to 8 and 7on7 is ages 9 to 12
3. Equipment requirements?
(mouthpiece & soft shell helmet are mandatory) (facemask -maybe, depending on current mandate from State of Texas)
4. Can you guide us on getting helmets?
(you can use any brand of soft shell helmet you wish but i like Rocksolid because they are local and can take care of players and teams needs in one to two business days and alot of times you can avoid shipping charges as they are in Frisco. With our discount code you can get a new helmet for $49 or a refurbished helmet for $35. That is less then a new pair of Nike Gloves these days. If you choose Rocksolid go to this link https://www.liverocksolid.com/shop/ pick your helmet new or refurbished and enter one of these codes to save money / use code ssnew at checkout to save $15 on new helmet or code sssave to save $30 on a refurbished helmet
5. Where can I view the rules?
(here ya go https://www.texaselite7on7.org/rules )
6. Do teams have to be from the same school or school district to form a team?
(no, this is open rosters so you can have your tackle team compete or just a group of friends that attend different schools as long as they are in the same age division is fine)
7. Do you accept full team entry?
(yes, just call or text 214-897-8951 with Team name, Division & your email)
8. Practice- When, Where, etc? Each practice is up to each individual coach. When a Coach request to Coach a Fall Team we work with them on Loaction and days of the week and time. So to answer that we will know in mid-Aug when we get closer. Most Coaches will practice one day in the week and one day on a weekend until the Season starts and then bump down to one practice per week
*If you are interested in Coaching please let us know and we will send you a Coaches Application (background check) and can even provide practice Template to get your team ready for the Season. Just ask away!